Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First time buyer for a new NAS

I'm a first-time buyer for a Nas and I don't know anything about them but I found out about this page from your YouTube channel and I'm kind of confused so I was wondering if you could help me out

I'm looking to purchase a nas as cheap as possible I'm looking at Synology since it does a lot of setup for you but this is what I'm trying to do with the Nas

1. Make it act like a cloud storage, like Dropbox

2. Send and receive gigs of files remotely

3. Send and receive files from clientele

4. Use it like a personal social media service like sending messages or making a private chat room if that's possible

5. Remote access so I can send files if I'm away like from a hotel Wi-Fi to the Nas

6. Multi-access because I plan on allowing multiple people to access it remotely (probably 3-5 people for now)

7. What this is NOT going to be utilized for is permanent storage or for editing, I have another storage system for that

So I hope you can help me out
Yes, I would recommend any plus series model such as ds420+ or other. DS923+ would also allow caching if you plan on expanding this system up to 100 users.
It will come with Drive apps and office suite that will allow you to do anything on the list.
You can even host your own website or install apps like owncloud etc.

I hope this helps.