Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't decide between two NASes

Hi there,
first of all, thank you for the opportuniy to ask questions. I have studied alot of your Youtube videos, but still I have a question:
I want a NAS as silent as possible, will be loaded with SSDs only. I need it for data strorage (Mac Backups), storing my photos and a couple of videos. Two models are in my mind, DS620Slim and DS920+. The later offers 10GBe opportunity, but my infrastructure (AppleTV etc) isn't capable of 10GBe right now and maybe won't in near future. I would have bought the DS620Slim right away if it was 4-core. What would you suggest ? Is the DS920+ that much louder ?

Thank you very VERY much !!
Regards,
Attila
Both the DS620Slim and DS920+ are solid options for a silent NAS, as they are designed to operate quietly. The main difference between the two models is that the DS920+ has more powerful hardware, including a quad-core processor and the option for 10Gbe networking. However, the DS620Slim is also a great option, especially if you don't need the extra power and don't plan to use 10Gbe in the near future.

In terms of noise, the DS920+ may be slightly louder than the DS620Slim due to its more powerful hardware, but both models are designed to operate quietly. Ultimately, the choice between the two models will depend on your specific needs and requirements.

If you only need to store data, photos, and a couple of videos, the DS620Slim could be a great choice. However, if you think you may need the extra power and the potential for 10Gbe in the future, the DS920+ may be a better option.