Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS situations

I enjoyed your YouTube getting started. I have studied it and others and yours is by far superior and thanks for that. As to my questions everyone explains backing up the NAS which is fine, however I need to get the stuff to the NAS first.
I understand how you can back a photo one or a group at a time. What I do not understand is how to back up my computers, or is this possible?
I bought the NAS with the idea of backing up my 5 computers on it and as my personal cloud. So I have 5 computers I would like them to each have there own identity on the NAS and back each one up on a routine basses. In the shared folders I would like for that to be cross information to all users.
Just to let you know SYNOLOGY has the most worthless customer/tech support if you get through to one they just tell you google your question. If I knew that this was this bad I would of bought something else. You should be paid by SYNOLOGY for doing them a valuable service. I would like to say thank you for any help
I would recommend Synology. Even though their tech team is not helpful. Active backup for business or Drive app will ensure you have barebone backup of your computers.
You will need any plus series model to achieve this.
Otherwise, WD comes with a free Acronis licence. But it has less functionality.

I hope this helps.