Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1-bay NAS

Hi,

I was looking for a 1-bay NAS for a Toshiba Enterprise 18TB drive I have got. I already have a QNAP TS-128, but unfortunately it is unable to handle the drive because of the 32-bit architecture of its CPU. Is there a workaround of this limitation with the NAP TS-128? Otherwise, which would be the best QNAP single bay NAS you would suggest? If not QNAP, anything else fit for the purpose? I will be using the drive for home media and backup. Many thanks.
The QNAP TS-128 is based on a 32-bit architecture, which means it has limitations on the maximum amount of memory and storage capacity it can handle. Unfortunately, it would not be able to handle a 18TB drive and the best solution would be to look for a different NAS.

QNAP offers a variety of single bay NAS models that would be compatible with an 18TB drive. Some options include:

QNAP TS-131P: This is a budget-friendly option that supports up to 10TB of storage and has a 64-bit quad-core processor.
QNAP TS-131K: This is another budget-friendly option that supports up to 10TB of storage and has a 64-bit dual-core processor.
QNAP TS-431P: This is a more powerful option that supports up to 12TB of storage and has a 64-bit quad-core processor.
Another option would be to look at other brands such as Synology, Asustor, TerraMaster that have a single bay NAS with similar performance and storage capacity.

It's worth noting that, your usage of the NAS will determine the specs you need, but the above-mentioned options should be enough to handle a 18TB drive and support your home media and backup needs.