Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which Nas to Buy

Is there a Nas that is just strictly for storage? I don't need all the bells and whistles. My computer edits 4k video just fine and I work on projects on my own so I don't need sharing options and I dont need to edit from the nas. I mainly just want redundancy that automatically makes back ups of all my work so I dont have to manually copy my work onto random external drives. If possible I want to avoid connecting to internet to avoid the possibility of viruses and things such as deadbolt. I would prefer a 4 bay, maybe 6 bay. Thank you for allowing us to ask you questions like this, much appreciated
Yes, there are NAS devices that are strictly for storage and do not have advanced features such as media streaming or the ability to run third-party apps. These types of NAS devices are often called "network-attached storage" (NAS) or "file servers," and they are designed primarily for storing and backing up data.

If you just need a NAS for storage and backup and do not need advanced features, you can consider a device with a lower number of bays and a simpler design. For example, the Synology DS220j is a budget-friendly 2-bay NAS that is suitable for storing and backing up data. It has a 1.4 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM, which is sufficient for basic tasks such as file transfers and backups. It does not have the ability to run third-party apps or stream media, but it does have a variety of built-in features such as support for RAID configurations and integration with cloud services.

If you want a larger capacity and more bays, you can consider a device such as the Synology DS420j, which is a 4-bay NAS with a 1.4 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. It has the same basic features as the DS220j and is suitable for storing and backing up data.

There are also other brands that offer NAS devices specifically designed for storage and backup, such as QNAP and Western Digital. You can choose a device with 4 or 6 bays depending on your needs and budget.

I hope this helps!