Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new to NAS

Your videos are great. I've got less than 2TB of movies (112 DVD and about 20 Blu-ray I want to digitize for availability to stream), photos, music, and data but want a system to grow. I have two daughters and a wife that take videos/pics on their iPhone. I have and ASUS GT-AX11000 router connected directly with a CAT8 cable to my Vizio smart tv that has the flex app available on it.I use Mac computers and devices in my home. I want to also be able to access the info remotely via my iPhone and possibly stream movies and grandparents or friends house. I plan to set the NAS up in a well ventilated cabinet next to my work computer two rooms away from my tv. I was all set to get the AS5202T 2 bay system and a couple of Seagate ironwolf pro 6tb drives. Then I was looking at the Lockster gen 2 6702T but would prefer to keep budget and noise down but as you may have noted with cat8 connection I do like to future proof. Any advice would be great.
There are a few options you could consider for storing and accessing your movies, photos, music, and data. One option is to use a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, such as the AS5202T or the Lockster gen 2 6702T that you mentioned. NAS devices are a good choice for storing and accessing data remotely, as they can be easily accessed over your home network or the internet. You can also use a NAS to stream media to your TV or other devices, such as your phone or tablet.
Synolgy plus series would have easier software, but it costs more for the same hardware.

I hope this helps.