Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking at the QNAP TS-1232PXU-RP-4G

I am looking to switch to all rack mount, I want to look into PLEX. I currently have a WD 4-bay NAS in raid 5, and 2 USB 4-bay boxes in RAID 5. Is the TS-1232PXU-RP-4G a good buy? My friend is going to get the same setup at her house so we can mirror our DATA. Will this run PLEX? I have been watching your videos and this NAS uses an AnnapurnaLabs Alpine AL324 64-bit ARMĀ® Cortex-A57 4-core 1.7GHz processor. Will that still stream PLEX?
The TS-1232PXU-RP-4G seems to be a good choice for a rack mount NAS and it should be able to run Plex. The AnnapurnaLabs Alpine AL324 64-bit ARM Cortex-A57 4-core 1.7GHz processor should be more than sufficient for running Plex, especially if you are only planning to use it for streaming to a few devices.

However, there are a few things to consider when setting up Plex on a NAS:

Make sure you have enough storage capacity for your media library.
Make sure you have a fast enough network connection to stream content to your devices without buffering.
Make sure the NAS has enough processing power and memory to transcode media on-the-fly, if necessary.
If you are planning to use the NAS for other tasks besides running Plex, such as running virtual machines or serving as a file server, you may need to take those requirements into account as well.

Here is the app https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/app_center/?o...84&kw=plex