Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TerraMaster NAS setup & use with Apple MAC Ventura OS

HELP! I just purchased the NAS & I need information for how best to set it up for TimeMachine, additional network storage, etc... with an M1 iMac with Ventura OS

1) Is there a resource for Apple Users to know the best way to set this NAS up i.e. to get answers to choice of formatting (RAID, APFS, ext4, btrfs)?

I stumbled thru the TerraMaster setup & feel I need to reinitialize the NAS & start over... The Apple Finder application doesn't appear to work with the NAS as it does with other external hard drives, USB, etc

2) How can I do a fresh start of the NAS install & set up to optimize its functionality with an Apple iMac using the Ventura OS?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Choosing a RAID and file system is an individual choice. All of them support time machine. RAID5 + EXT4 is the most popular choice.
When mapping a shared folder on your MAC, SMB format is the most popular. But if you prefer MAC standards AFP mode is the native protocol.

I have made a manual for you here https://nascompares.com/answer/how-to-se...ne-backup/

I hope this helps.