Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex build

I am buying my first NAS specifically with plex in mind. Currently I just have 20t stuffed into my PC (there has to be a better way lol) a simple 4 bay NAS "should" work just fine. I have watched a ton of the channels videos and still have not settled on 1 brand/model. I have built several of my PC's so I have what I would consider a basic knowledge of computing. That being said I was considering the Synology DS920+ however my fear is that it is an older device and if I want to get more than a few years out of the system it may be outdated. I have watched the channels comparison of the 920 and 923 but I still didn't come to a solid conclusion. This brings me to the big question if YOU had to choose a NAS under $800.us given all I have said what would you choose?

P.S. Love the channel, the knowledge, British humor and support you guys are doing.
New DS923+ is not that great for multimedia if you like to access your media over the internet / remotely.
Local use do not require things like transcoding. Therefore you could use the ds923+ or any other NAS.
Synology release software updates for 10Years on every released model. DS920+ still has 8 years left on the clock.
I would choose DS920+ unless I really needed 10GbE or NVMe storage space.

I hope this helps.