Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD Sentinal RX4100 motherboard failure

Hi guys! Need some help. I have a old RX4100 Western Digital rack NAS which was working with 4x 2tb HDDs in Raid 5. However when I built my DS920+ and prepared to fire up the old RX4100 using windows server 2008 the fans power on but the motherboard does not initilise. I have narrowed it down to the mobo being dead (or the dotterboard power distribution board).

I have found a working RX4100 identical to mine for $500 AUD in my area. The question is if I swapped in the motherboard and power dotter board to get it back up and running would Windows Server 2008 firstly recognise the RAID array on the drives and secondly rebuild them.

What can I do? The 4x 2tb drives have some precious photos and I was in the process of backing them up to a secondary system. It failed at the most ridiculous time.

Can you help?
All OS files and settings are actually stored on HDDs. You should be able to move drive in the same order to the replacement NAS and it should booth just fine.
If it doesn't, you have not lost your data. You can connect them manually to a Linux system and copy paste data off those drives.
This guide should still work even though it is not made for WD. RAID is still a RAID though https://nascompares.com/recover-raid-or-...p-asustor/

I hope this helps.