Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nextorage quality

Hello, thank you for the awesome content and reviews. It is really appreciated.

I have read some reviews from Amazon on the nextorage having quality issues and failing a few months in. Have you had the same issues? Or have you heard of anything like this?

I'm trying to determine if: Nextorage, Firecuda 530, SN850/850X, or the Samsung 980 pro might be the way yo go with a heatsink from the factory and the stock ps5 cover or the aftermarket sorbent heatsink.

My biggest concern is quality and heat.

Thank you!
Good morning!

I Had the Nextorage SSD in my PS5 for around 150 hours (and an alternative 2TB model for around another 60 hours), so although I did not see any issues regarding performance/durability - these are very small periods of time to be examining, so not especially helpful. I will say that I have not heard/read anything in the comments or on the blog about these drives being problematic, but again, that is s small canvas of users vs ALL units sold. If you have doubts and durability/temps are what you are concerned with (as performance on all these gen of drives are tip-top), then the Seagate Firecuda is the drive to pick, but WITH the 1st party EK heatsink. In my testing, it was remarkably high performance and low temps, even when compared with the PS5-Official Drive recommendation. See my video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jk2c2cWAGs
Hope this helps. Have a great week.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage