Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting up NAS for video editing for multiple computers

Hello I am the director of an independent documentary production company. We are working on a super tight deadline for an original documentary that has an estimated of 25 TB of footage. I am rushing to purchase Synology DS1621xs+ and tried to set it up in my home. I want to have it connected to multiple computers for video editing, in sync with my colleague's Synology at home, and also is available to be accessed online for my other colleagues through the network. I really hope to get it solved as soon as possible so that we can move forward with our post-production. I am wiling to pay for consulting fees to have expert providing me guidance to install the NAS for my needs. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you so much.
Yes, you can connect to this NAS via the switch/ router. Or if you need dedicated LAN (usually 10gbe) bandwidth, you can connect your computer to a NAS direct. Each LAN port has its own IP address.
You can then use ShareSync with your colleague to sync certain folder
Synology Drive ShareSync allows you to sync files between two NAS with flexible sync mode settings.

Click on the Synced folders tab, select the shared folder whose privilege setting you wish to modify, and click Edit.
Go to Sync Mode > File sync mode, select a sync mode for syncing your local shared folder.
Click OK and Save to save your settings.

For other people who need to connect via Internet can use QuickConnect
To enable QuickConnect:
Go to Control Panel > External Access > QuickConnect.
Check Enable QuickConnect.
If you have not logged in to your Synology Account, a login window will pop up. Enter your existing Synology Account information or register a new account on the window.
Specify a new QuickConnect ID. ...
Click Apply.
https://kb.synology.com/en-ph/DSM/help/D...?version=7

I would recommend creating separate users for everyone connecting in order to protect your data against accidental alteration/ deletion.

I hope this helps.

You could talk to Gabriele.
We do not offer services like that ourselves just yet.
You can find his page here https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=297015&...r-qnap-nas