Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Galayou G2 Synology compatibility

Hi,

You did mention in your review of the Galayou G2 ONVIF IP Camera that it was NAS compatible. You also mentioned in your Prime Day 2022 review that this camera would only stream in QNAP and stream and be PTZ controllable in Synology.

I received mine yesterday and I have been trying to make the PTZ feature work in Surveillance Station on my DS920+ without success. The rest works (i.e. registration as ONVIF camera with "all functions&quotWink.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Sebastien

PS: Great site. Great content. I am an avid watcher / readeer since I decided to jump into the Synology world.
Hi Sebastian

I wish I had a more logical and detailed response to give you, but I am afraid this is the best I can offer. As mentioned in the video, the connection with NAS systems wasn't quite as cut and dry as I have found with other cameras. At first, (when I couldn't get my QNAP TS-453E in the studio to allow PT controls) I put it down to the 2.4G limitations making the connection unstable, but eliminated that factor and still hit the odd wall here or there. I gave up pretty quickly trying to get the P-T functions working on the QNAP, moreover getting the PT functionality working on the Synology worked first time. Now, this MIGHT be because of my filing schedule for YouTube (I formatted it between planned vids), starting with the QNAP test right after the camera half of my video concluded, then I did the first party setup and android wansview app for the video, then I did the Synology testing (then putting the camera away). Now, I don't recall formatting the camera between the last two sessions and perhaps registering the camera and setting it up via the app first enabled something (or at the least allowed RSTP/ONVIF permissions to be handled). The honest answer is that because it worked for me, I didn't give it a huge amount of thought. I did play with ALOT of the settings via the wansview app (perhaps enabling/disabling something) before deactivating me account and deleting the app.

I wish I could help you more on this and apologise for not being able to shed more light on this for you.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage