Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QuickConnect Relay speed

Hi Guys,

Hi just hitnking to buy a Synology NAS. I have a regular ISP with router 1Gbit...
No Public Ip, No Port Forwarding.

I am concerned about the QuickConnect Relay speed as I would like to use that to connect to my NAS.

Can you maybe explain what Up/Down speeds I can expect using the realy? I was reading on the internet that it is pretty slow.

Therefore I think that maybe a NAS would fit my need for home environment.

And what about speed with QNAP for similar configuration?

Thanks in advance
Any modern NAS (QNAP or Synology) will likely connect via you local network much faster than your ISP upload or download speed.

Connecting to your NAS remotely when you’re not at home will always be governed by your ISP upload speed and your mobile or local network wherever you are at the time (whichever is the slowest).

When connecting via QuickConnect (or myQnapCloud for QNAP) your going from your device, through the providers service then back to your NAS. Whilst this adds a lot of distance before you access your NAS, these connections are made using enterprise level connections, so again it will be the weakest of your device download or ISP upload that will determine transfer speeds.

Speedtest.net is a great site you can launch from any device that has internet access to establish. The lowest number from all your interconnecting devices will be the area to look to improve.

Hope this was helpful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Raid is not a backup, but it is a step in the right direction --
---------------------------------------------------------------------