Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DSM Login Timeout

Hello! Sorry to bother you, but I'm having trouble finding a solution to a problem I'm having. I have a Synology DS920+. I don't know if it's relevant, but its got 3 14tb Exos drives installed. Anywho, my NAS is only connected to my network, no remote access. I can access my drive through my computer as normal, no issues. But when I try to log into my DSM (http://192.168.1.6:5000/#/signin) it just times out every time. It has worked no problem until the last couple of weeks.

I've tried:
-Unblocking from Windows Defender (wasn't blocked).
-Turned off both firewalls public/private
-Synology Assistant doesn't find my nas on my network
-Web assistant doesn't find anything.
-Cleared cache
-Tried a different browser - Currently on Firefox - tried Chrome for test.

It was acting funny - I'm new to NAS. I think it was doing maintenance and I thought maybe I got hacked cause the lights were going on my disk for no reason. And I shut it off. I did this on/off as needed to backup things for a couple weeks. Then it dawned on me if may be doing background shit and let it go. It ran with active lights for 2.5 days. I thought maybe I'd figured it out. It still doesn't work.

Any suggestions!? I appreciate any help.

Derek
When you setup your NAS did you assign it a static IP address on your network?
If not, it’s possible your router may have assigned it a new IP address.

Try using your router admin page to see what devices are currently connected.

Can you see the NAS in your PC Network devices, or idols it show up in your settings / devices at all?

If you have an Android or iOS phone the Net Analyzer app has a Lite version that allows you to scan your network for devices and will give you it’s IP address.
The paid version, or Witeshark on PC will allow you to scan ports on a specific IP address, telling you if the NAS is responding on port 5000.

If port 22 is open, you could try logging in via ssh using Putty / Kitty (freeware) to see if the admin user & password still works.

This article gives some step by step tips that might be useful

https://kb.synology.com/en-uk/DSM/tutori..._or_closed

Lots of things to try… hope you make some progress.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Raid is not a backup, but it is a step in the right direction --
---------------------------------------------------------------------