Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2x nas linked

Think of Synology as being like Apple - user friendly, simplified, and just does what it's supposed to.
Whereas QNAP is a bit like Android - far more customisable and requires a certain amount of knowledge, but more than capable of meeting exacting requirements.

Speed of transfer will be governed by your slowest router upload speed when replicating across sites - so if that's less than 500MB then it's not going to be a problem for any modern NAS to cope with.

If there's a lot to replicate initially - then it might be easier to build both NAS on one site and then ship fully loaded and setup the update sync afterwards.

Overnight you only need to sync what's new but if you have less critical data you could setup a separate file share and do that as a different sync over the weekend.

For Synology the DS920+ is comparable to the TS-453D.

But if neither has the guts for what you need then you're looking at an i3/i5 processor version of the TVS-472XT or going into Enterprise grade, which will require a much bigger budget.

Whatever NAS / Drives you settle on - drop Robbie and Ed a line - I'm sure they'll have a referral link and you might just save a bit towards a better internet connection Wink
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Raid is not a backup, but it is a step in the right direction --
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
2x nas linked - by ENQUIRIES - 09-22-2022, 03:30 PM
RE: 2x nas linked - by TribalHound - 09-22-2022, 05:54 PM
RE: 2x nas linked - by james_nas - 09-23-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: 2x nas linked - by TribalHound - 09-23-2022, 11:58 AM
RE: 2x nas linked - by james_nas - 09-23-2022, 06:40 PM