Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology C2 Storage

Hi

I have beed looking at your videos about Hyper backup, and one thing that I didn't see in your video, but that popped up during the setup for me was a question (I can't remember it exactly) if I would give C2 access to the NAS or something like that. I think it was in a pretty big greenish window. And I think it was pretty late during the whole setup of C2 Storage in hyper backup.

Do you know what I mean? What permissions was actually asked, and what should I have chosen?

Is there a way to take that permission back?

I chose yes, but now afterwards I am afraid of what I gave permission for (for ex Synology to look inside my NAS, or permission to gather data from my NAS or look into my backup or something like that).

So I wanted to reach out to you since I couldn't see this permission question in your videos.
I am not sure I know what message you mean. But if you do give access to the C2 to store or back up your data to the cloud, it is a private connection and not a security issue.
If you allowed Synology to share trouble shooting logs, this is also anonymous and will not give them any access to your data.

I hope this helps.