Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snyology 1522+

First I want to thank you for many hours of information. Your videos have been very helpful with making my decision to purchase a snyology NAS.

I would like use Homebridge on the 1522+. I plan on using the 1522+ mainly for storage and streaming movies on the local LAN. Do you think having Homebridge running all the time will cause performance issues with the 1522+?

Would you recommend running Homebridge on a Raspberry Pie instead?

Thanks again!!
Mike
Good morning MIchael

Apologies for the speed of my reply, Eddie (the Web Guy) covers ASKNC and Enquiries more than me, whilst I make vids and articles etc. However, he is on a long, LONG overdue holiday this week and I am filling in as much as I can. Thank you for your donation, it really helps us keep the content flowing and keep the lights on! Running Homebridge on that system will be fine, as the way to executes instructions between appliances is designed to be high I/O but low actual system demand (that's why a Pi can do it so well). What's your storage setup? Even fairly perfunctory HDDs in a RAID 5 will be fine, but just wanted to check, as that is really the only thing that might cause any kind of performance bottleneck (when other services are running). You can email me back here, or you can contact me directly on robbie (at) nc

Thanks again for messaging, enjoying the stuff we do and for donating! You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage