Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PS922+

Want to wait until the DS922+ comes out, looking for my first NAS to use 99% as a Plex Server. Was thinking about starting with one 16 TB IronWolf Drive in SHR. Then later add 16 TB drives went i can afford it, is this setup bad? what is your advice?
Hi buddy! So, first off, the DS922+ will not be coming (it's missed the window), but I have received some bits of info on the DS923+ which you should be able to find online by google and finding my article/video (apologies, I cannot post links here at the moment - accessing v remote). The only other thing I want to highlight is that you should DEFINITELY have more than 1 HDD for failover on day 1, or at the very least a backup of your data/media somewhere else. Having 1 drive and no backup = ZERO Safety net and ZERO recovery! Sorry to be such a boring grown-up about these things...

Apologies for the slow reply buddy - Eddie (the Web Guy) covers ASKNC much more than me, whilst I make vids and articles etc. However, he is on a long, LONG overdue holiday this week and I am filling in as much as I can.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage