Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PS5 ssd

Hello,
I wanted to ask some questions about ssds because I am not too well versed in them and you look like almost know everything about them. I am planning to get an ssd for my ps5 and I saw your videos about them but the pricing here is slightly different. Right now i can get:
Corsair mp 600 pro lpx 1 tb with heatsink for 141€
Firecuda 530 1tb wit heatsink for 169€
Samsung 980 pro 1tb with heatsink for 182€
WD SN850 1tb with heatsink for 193€

I am planning to get Corsair because it is the cheapest one and the questions I have are:
Is the price jump to the more expensive ones worth it?
And in one of the videos I saw you talking about updating ssd firmware while ssd is plugged in the pc for better performance while in ps5. Do all ssds have firmware that can boost their performance or only select ones like SN850 that you were talking about in your videos.
And one last question is it perhaps worth waiting for release of new ssds for either price drops on older ssds or getting one of the new ssd when they get released like corsair mp 700 or samsung 990 pro?

Thank you for your time and your advice
Corsair is definitely the best value overall, and on PC, Corsair outperforms both Western Digital and Samsung 980 pro. However, if I were you, I'd get the firecuda 530, largely because you will get a superior built-in heatsink. But if money is a concern for you, then get the Corsair.