Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP QuFirewall verses new Router

Discovered an issue when upgrading router, It took some head scratching but probably shouldn't have. As a result of the QLocker breach I put some IP range rules in place in QuFirewall which was all good until I upgraded the router. The NAS appeared in the network of the new router but was not available via Q finder, IP address, ping from either the router or cmd prompt. On re starting the NAS I was able (briefly) to see and log in to the NAS via the new router and to carry out a quick inspection of error reports, these highlighted two points (1.) that an adapter had been shut down also a virtual switch (2.) that QuFirewall doesn't fire up instantly so leaving the NAS albeit briefly without protection. It was an IP range issue that caused the problem, QuFirewall was barring evrything other than 192.168.1../24, no problem for the old router which had an operating range 192.168.1.1- 192.168.1.149, but the new router was operating 192.168.0.. . Had to reinstate the old router, change the QuFirewall accepted IP range which when applied locked me out, re-instate the new router (hoping I'd got it right) and log in from that network. It sounds obvious when I write it but wasn't while I was scratching my head wondering wtf was going on. Hope this can help some other poor unfortunate, thought you may want to know about it. Cheers
Thanks for posting this mate and apologies for the slow reply on this one. Eddie normally mans ASK-NC more than me but he is on a massively overdue holiday this week and I am stepping in between making vids. Genuinely appreciate that you took the time to share your experience buddy, you are a hero! Have a great week and I recommend the beer.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage