Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hard drive for DS1522+

Thank you so much for recording the how to set up a Synology NAS videos. I watched them several times and my DS1522+ just arrived today. I did get an odd message when I was creating the Pool. A message came up that my HDDs were not compatible. I bought 5 Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 5900 RPM 64MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage – (ST4000VN008). These are what Amazon had as frequently purchased when getting the DS15222+. The set up allowed me to continue setting up the Pool and I set up a couple Volumes.

My question is are these drives OK? I did reach out to Synology via chat and they said I would not have been able to set up the Pool if they were not compatible. I trust you more!!

I am interested in your opinion. Should I return them? Any advice would be great! If I should replace them, I would appreciate your recommendation on what 4TB drives I should get.

Thanks again for the awesome videos on YouTube!
Yes, you can use these drives. Synology and their compatibility software is shooting themselves in the foot. All this creates more ubiquity than certainty. All this is just to convince people to sell their Toshiba relabeled Synology drives. I can see these drives are compatible just with a different firmware https://www.synology.com/en-us/compatibi...ge_log_p=1