Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1st time nas user?

I am a first time NAS buyer for my home use. I am the only person who will be using the nas. I am looking mainly for storage for my music collection & photos. Also to access my storage remotely. I also want to remove some of my files away from the laptop & onto the NAS. I will backup the NAS to an external drive also. I am not planning on loading movies on the NAS. If I do it will only be for my inside home playback. Anything else that I should know about purchasing my 1st NAS?
Synology NAS would be an excellent choice. Any NAS will come with a Drive app that will allow you to select which files and folders exist on a NAS and which ones physically exist on a computer as well as the NAS. The beautiful thing is that you will be able to see those files and folders as they existed on your computer but actually those are just shortcuts.With no transcoding required you could get any model you want. But value series such as DS218 would work faster and give a better user experience. Also plus series such as DS220+ would allow upgrades and have no limits on apps that you can install.I hope this helps.