Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for NAS?

Hi, I am looking for Home NAS. Looking to configure it in Master/Slave mode - where NAS is Master for all data (personal/photos/movies) and Google Drive is a slave - and publically facing as an additional backup for 3 main tasks: Photos - Google Photos, Drive for Big home movies (avg. 6-10GB each file) and personal files. Not planning to backup all of the files - only specific. I should be good to go with 2TB Google Drive and 6-8TB of NAS. What would you recommend?
Any Qnap or Synology NAS will do this sort of backup and cloud sync. The question is about redundancy and possible future use cases.DS120j would be a single bays backup NAS. DS220j would be a dual-drive mirror solution- if one drive fails other has a copy.If you may want to use this NAS for something more then backups then value series such as DS118 or DS218 would also allow you to use it for local multimedia.If you need something that has no limits on apps you can install then DS220+ would be a good option. It also comes with an upgradable RAM slot if you need more speed.I hope this helps.