Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I would really appreciate some tips which NAS should I buy?

I am currently using a DS216+II (Intel Celeron N3060 1.6 GHz, 8192MB) remotely mainly for video streaming with dsvideo (w/ max 720p res) and photo and file categorizing (dsphoto/moments and dsfiles).
Now I am looking for NAS (DS/Qnap) as a new device for my Home Use Case with max 1500-2500EUR Budget which
is future proof from HW point of view (buying for the next 4-5 years) with built-in 10GbE port (or possibility extend (from 1 / 2,5 / 5 GbE) at least 6 Bays (or even 8)
will be used by max 2-3 uers (constantly mainly 1)
is a multimedia hub using for at least 1080p HD video streaming (or even 4K with HW transcoding)
is used for data backup and synchronisation
can be used by my wife for her photography business (post production: categorizing, archiving, sharing photos with clients)
might be used for raw (arw) photo editing (using Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop)
might be used to run her business website (using wordpress or similar base)
might be used for virtual machine deployment

Thank you very much for your help!
Best Regards,
Tamas
Sounds like you would find TVS-472XT (672/872) a good companion. These 72XT series feature multimedia friendly hardware allowing you to transcode videos on the go. You will also get the Qumaggie app for multimedia organising including artificial intelligence functions such as people recognitions and GEO locations.You will also be able to connect via 10GbE and Thunderbolt simultaneously. This will be very crucial for direct editing.Also, cache slots will be boosting your website performance and also virtual machines.These NAS have been the most popular choice of the past year.I hope this helps.