Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best upgrade?

Hi! Thanks for an excellent site! I would like some advice on what NAS upgrade I should look at. Currently I am on a Synology 214+ where I recently got 2 x N300, 8 TB NAS disks. But I realize that to be able to run Nextcloud or any other software that process images and videos I really need more CPU. I have a lot of personal video in 4K stored and I want to be able to share that to friends and family. I like the DSM but would be fine using the QNAP software too. Thankful for any advice on what model with most bang for the buck. I guess upgrading the RAM on any model would be recommended?
I was looking at QNAP TS-253D-4G or Synology DS720+
Thanks in advance.
Yes, Plus series NAS just like Qnap x53 series would have much more computing power in comparison. These models feature a quad-core processor with a multimedia chip built-in. This makes them a perfect solution for home cinema. With built-in Video apps you can even stream and share your videos over the internet.Here is a video showing how to install Nextcloud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GtkoXKt...0bytrapBut Synology office suite has very similar functionality.I hope this helps.