Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas for plex and bluesound vault 2i?

Hi , Have just watched your plex set up video for the 420+ ,, thank you it has really really helped.

I was planning to go down the 420+ route with 4 wd 10tb hard drives for plex and household ( 4 adults all needing secure storage and a family shared folder)
However ...
I have been offered a great deal on a Bluesound Vault 2i which rips and stores cds
I have appox 1000 cds what will need ripping
Will I be able to use the 2 on the same network ?
is it going to make things really complicated?
What is your best advice please ?
Regards to vault 2i and a NAS with Plex, they will coexist in the same network with no problems. Vault 2i has its own operating system and app to operate it. The same applies to a Synology NAS. You can run Plex multimedia server and/or mount your Synology to your speaker.DS420+ is a multimedia friendly choice. This will not only allow audio but also video streaming even remotely over the internet.This is a futureproof model allowing RAM to upgrade at a later stage. Plus series also means that there are no limitations to apps you can install or run on this NAS.This is a good choice.I hope this helps.https://nascompares.com/answer/backing-up-music-files-from-a-bluesound-vault-2i/