Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for the perfect Nas for my use?

I am looking for a nas that will help me with a few different functions:
1) I want to replace my use of onedrive and Dropbox
2) I have an external drive I use to access less used files that I don’t want to put on cloud storage or my laptop -I want to replace that
3) I want to be able to access files from my MacBook, windows10 and iPad
4) I store a ton of high res photographs that I’d like to access via Adobe Lightroom for editing
5) I need to make a time machine backup of my macs (2)
6) I want everything on the nas to backup to backblaze (or similar service)
7) Interested in Raid 1 at the very least
8) I Would like to be able to access photos to view easily, but don’t need a media streamer for video
9) I access files for work multiple times a day
10) I might want a mail server to move work email off google services - but this is not required (nice to have if not cost prohibitive)
11) will probably move 4-6TB of data onto this Nas

This will be my first NAS

Suggestions?
Synology Plus series NAS such as DS220+ / DS720+ would be a perfect fir. You would have data mirroring protection. Also, you would replace Dropbox with something better and more feature-rich option. You can access data locally as well as remotely from different computers and mobile devices.Synology comes with great photo organizing apps with some intelligence built-in. You can edit those pictures live.You can set up Time machine and automate cloud backups of this NAS. Or sync your clouds to a NAS.You can also install a mail server app and use it this way.If you consider more drives then DS420+ / DS920+ would be options.I hope this helps.