Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for Roon media storage?

I'm planning on setting up a Roon Core server and want to store the Music Library on a NAS. I currently have a Thecus N4200PRO with 4 3TB WD drives in a RAID 5 configuration. I'm not sure Thecus is the best NAS provider for this purpose. There's a site (https://roononnas.org/en/roon-on-nas/Wink focused on setting up a Roon NAS and they suggest Asustor, QNAP & Synology products. Also, I've had my current NAS for over 5 years, it was set up for local backup of PC's & Mac's. So now I'm expanding it purpose and plan to rip and store my CD collection on it. If necessary or advisable, I'd buy a new NAS box and "move" my 4 WD drives to it and set it up for Roon service. You're advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, David
I have added server tech requirements below. But based on that here are the best options :Asustor:AS7004T-i3AS7004T-i5AS7110TQnap:TVS-672XT-i3-8GTVS-872XT-i5-16GTVS-1282T3-i7-32GSynologyBig GrinS1621xs+DS3617xsYou will need Core i series or Xeon based NAS.Recommended HardwareIntel Core i3, Ivy Bridge+4GB RAMSSD boot drive1440 x 900 Resolution