Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS + IP Cam + Backup?

Hi, Thanks for some great videos! I currently have a Synology DS213 air and have recently added a single IP camera for security (may add more). Annke 4k with POE injector connected to Fritzbox router. I use an imac computer and my wife uses a windows laptop also various tablets and phones etc

Using Synology Surveillance Station and having trouble getting good quality recordings and streaming to my devices from the camera despite days of experimenting with settings. Backup storage on the current Synology at 75% on the two disk SHR 1 vol.

Looking at upgrading to DS920+ to see me out over the next few years. Any thoughts?
DS213 is one very old NAS, but I am impressed it is still kicking.DS920+ would be a significant upgrade. It is not only allowing extra RAM and expansion, but it also comes with a dual LAN. One of them can be dedicated to surveillance. Similarly, one or more drives can take care of surveillance things so that another task performance is not affected.Synology overall is very easy to use and soon DSM7 will come out with its new great features.I hope this helps.