Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS to buy

Matt H
41 minutes ago
have been watching hours of your videos on NAS this past week and just want to say thank you for the advice and tips.

I am in the process of replacing a QNAP TS-251 2 bay/4GB that died during the pandemic and have learned so much on what to think about. Its setup in my TV room and is mainly a media storage/player for that room. I did use QNAPcloud previously but am going to shy away from it being on the net for the initial stages of use. Its a 1080p room and for the most part use.264 files.

Is there a NAS you would recommend for my purposes if I am wanting to stick with QNAP or Synology? The local computer store is saying that I should stick with QNAP and the data on my previous 10TB drives can be saved as it will not need to be formatted for a new QNAP enclosure. I am not sure that I should just plug those drives into the new enclosure in case there are vulnerabilities or applications that will cause me grief. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I ran the KODI application on my old NAS through the QTS software, but think Plex may be a better option. I will be integrating it into my Control 4 setup for the home theatre as well

Messages In This Thread
Which NAS to buy - by ENQUIRIES - 09-22-2022, 09:00 PM
RE: Which NAS to buy - by TribalHound - 09-23-2022, 09:41 AM
RE: Which NAS to buy - by Matt_RH - 09-23-2022, 12:22 PM
RE: Which NAS to buy - by TribalHound - 09-23-2022, 12:43 PM