Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Improved PLEX performance (Synology DS918+)

Hello Rob/Team...Long time watcher of your video's and invaluable tutorials so first of all, thanks.

I've been using a DS918+ with 8GB RAM and 4x10TB (one for redundancy) for a number of years. Until recently, PLEX was running on a Mac Mini and worked flawlessly for ten years but its just died so moved the whole operation to the DS918+ and now running Plex and the ARR's under Docker.

All set up and running with the aid of TRaSH guides online and for the most part am happy.

BUT, need advice on optimising the system when it comes to remote playback.

Wondering if SSD caching may be the way to go or if I should consider some kind of conversion regime for the library ...not a challenge i relish having been someone who for YEARS converted every single file I acquired using handbrake.

On the LAN, high quality files seem to function without issue, as they should...but the CPU load appears to be unbearably huge (100%) when transcoding just 2x1080P files remotely. I've followed some online vids and guides on optimising settings but any further targeted guidance would be much appreciated ...

Regards

Messages In This Thread
Improved PLEX performance (Synology DS918+) - by ENQUIRIES - 09-02-2022, 12:00 AM