Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology backup web server at a 2nd location?....

Aloha sir! I have a question for you that Synology Tech support wasn't able to answer.

Scenario: Use TWO synology NAS devices to create a redundant web serve, with the 2nd device at a different location?

I am considering taking all my web-hosting in house.

Is there a (good) way to have one synology mirror to an off-site 2nd synology that would instantly become the primary web server should anything happen to the first? Automatically? I understand the heartbeat connection with HA setups, but this would not solve a problem with a large power or web-outage in the area.

Id like the 2nd device in a completely different location, ready to take over for the first should there be any reason the first goes offline. Perhaps you have already done a video on this? If not, any guidance would be appreciated. I was confiding two 720+ with same hardware, 2 locations. OR, a 1620XS+ as primary with a 720+ as backup offsite. (this would be better)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thank you for all you do in the NAS community! I reference your videos and articles continuously!

Messages In This Thread
Synology backup web server at a 2nd location?.... - by Enquiries - 07-31-2022, 04:30 PM