Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How To Link IP Cameras In One House With A NAS In Another House?

I'm almost positive that you can do what you want with Tailscale. It's free and allows remote connections directly without opening ports. I've tried it in a very modest way to connect to my Synology NAS with my iPhone and it's great. Lots of Youtube videos on Tailscale. You can sync any number of devices. I believe that, in your case, you would set up your remote NAS as a node on that network and that would all you to access the other devices, including those cameras. Better read the instructions though.

If you want access to your security camera files, I'd suggest something like Syncthing. Also free. Have the remote NAS sync to your local NAS so if the bad guy steals both your camera and the NAS, you will have copies of everything.

I have a number of Reolink cams at my home which ftp's everything to my Synology NAS but I don't use the Synology surveillance app; way to complex for my needs and I don't want to have to pay for licences. I use Reolink's Windows desktop app to manage all of my cameras. On my NAS, I have the Cloud sync app sync just the jpgs to my Google Drive account in real time. No videos due to space issues. If anything shows up in the jpg's then I review the video clips. I can check the Google Drive pics from anywhere in the world on my phone. The Reolink app creates a new folder for each year, month, and day so finding a file or period of time is dead easy. The Reolink app is quite easy to use once you sort things out. And once one camera is setup, just do the others the same way. Yours may work in a similar way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To Link IP Cameras In One House With A NAS In Another House? - by David Morrow - 11-21-2022, 09:30 PM