ASK NC
Surveillance station vs ubiquiti - Printable Version

+- ASK NC (https://ask.nascompares.com)
+-- Forum: Q&A (https://ask.nascompares.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Before you buy Q&A (https://ask.nascompares.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Surveillance station vs ubiquiti (/showthread.php?tid=11134)

Surveillance station vs ubiquiti - Enquiries - 08-27-2024

Looking for advice, I have a UDM pro but I’m not using the camera section of it, I also have this synology DS 923+

I only need to add 1 cameras as my nvr is already full.

I want a 4k cam with color night vision. I saw a reolink is compatible with survalance station, or should I just go with the ubiquiti G5?

Or is there anything else better you would recommend

RE: Surveillance station vs ubiquiti - ed - 08-30-2024

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're looking to add a high-quality 4K camera with color night vision to your current setup. Both Synology Surveillance Station and Ubiquiti systems have their strengths, so here’s a breakdown to help you decide:

Option 1: Using Synology Surveillance Station with Reolink
Pros: Since you already have a Synology DS923+, using Surveillance Station is a great option. It’s a robust, user-friendly platform that integrates well with your existing NAS, allowing you to manage recordings and footage directly from your Synology.
Reolink Cameras: Reolink offers several 4K models with color night vision, like the Reolink RLC-811A. These cameras are known for their good balance of price and quality. They’re compatible with Synology Surveillance Station, so integration should be straightforward.
Flexibility: Using Surveillance Station gives you flexibility to choose from a wide range of third-party cameras, not just Reolink, so you can find one that best meets your needs.
Option 2: Ubiquiti G5 Camera with UDM Pro
Pros: If you prefer to keep everything within the Ubiquiti ecosystem, the Ubiquiti G5 is a good choice. It integrates seamlessly with the UDM Pro, making it easy to manage everything through the UniFi Protect app. Ubiquiti cameras are known for their high build quality and reliability.
Simplicity: Using Ubiquiti for all network and surveillance needs simplifies the setup, as everything can be managed through a single interface.
Cons: Ubiquiti cameras tend to be more expensive compared to other brands, and you may have less flexibility in choosing different camera models.
Other Recommendations:
Amcrest 4K Cameras: If you’re open to other brands, Amcrest offers reliable 4K cameras with color night vision. Models like the Amcrest IP8M-2496EB provide excellent quality and are compatible with Synology Surveillance Station.
Recommendation:
Given your setup, if you’re looking for the best integration with your Synology NAS and want to keep costs reasonable, I’d recommend going with a Reolink 4K camera compatible with Synology Surveillance Station. This setup will give you great quality and the flexibility to manage everything directly from your NAS.

If you’re looking for a more unified system and prefer to stick within the Ubiquiti ecosystem for ease of use, the Ubiquiti G5 is a solid choice.

Both options will give you high-quality surveillance with the features you need. It really comes down to whether you prefer to keep everything managed through Synology or Ubiquiti.