ASK NC
Email error + email question - Printable Version

+- ASK NC (https://ask.nascompares.com)
+-- Forum: Q&A (https://ask.nascompares.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Before you buy Q&A (https://ask.nascompares.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Email error + email question (/showthread.php?tid=11128)

Email error + email question - Enquiries - 08-26-2024

I thought you might like to know that you often send emails with the "." missing in yout website address. If people don't realise to add this they will just get an error saying your website does not exist

With regards to NAS questions I wondered if you could tell me whether Synology allows me to download my emails from Yahoo, Google etc. and then serve them to all my devices from the NAS?

I would also like to have my devices send emails (or other) things to the NAS with errors etc.

I have no interest in sending emails out via the NAS. My only goal is to read them off the NAS for all my devices.

If so, which NAS would you suggest? Preferabbly 4-5 bays as I have 5 2TB disks already. I'm aware that Synology may update their NAS products soon.

Thanks,

David

RE: Email error + email question - ed - 08-30-2024

Thanks for the heads-up about the missing period in the website address in our emails. I appreciate you pointing that out, and I'll make sure to get it fixed to avoid any confusion for others.
Please send me screenshot of the issue so we know what you mean.

Regarding Your NAS Email Setup:
Yes, Synology NAS can help you achieve what you're looking to do with emails. Synology offers a MailPlus package that allows you to download and store emails from various providers like Yahoo and Google, and then serve them to all your devices. This setup can help you centralize your email storage, making it easy to access from multiple devices within your network.

Here’s how it would work:

Download Emails: You can configure Synology MailPlus to download emails from your Yahoo, Google, and other email accounts using POP3 or IMAP. These emails are then stored on your Synology NAS.
Access Emails: Once the emails are on the NAS, you can access them using any device connected to your network via a web browser, email client, or the Synology MailPlus app.
Receive Notifications: For receiving error notifications or other alerts from your devices to the NAS, you can set up email forwarding or use Synology's Notification settings to handle such alerts.
Which NAS to Choose?
Since you already have 5 x 2TB disks, a 4- or 5-bay NAS would be ideal. Here are a couple of recommendations:

Synology DS923+:

A newer model with 4 bays, it's powerful enough to handle MailPlus and other applications like file sharing, media streaming, etc. It also supports expansion with additional drives if needed.
It comes with a more powerful AMD Ryzen processor and up to 32GB of RAM, making it an excellent choice for multitasking and running multiple services.
Synology DS1522+:

A 5-bay NAS, giving you a bit more flexibility with your existing drives. It has similar specs to the DS923+ but with more storage capacity right out of the box. It's well-suited for handling email services and other tasks you might have.
Both of these models are strong choices for handling email storage and accessing emails from multiple devices. They also provide the flexibility to use your existing drives while allowing for future expansion if needed.

If you're considering a future-proof setup and want to wait for newer models, keeping an eye on Synology’s product updates is a good idea. However, the DS923+ and DS1522+ are both reliable options currently available.